Saturday, September 18, 2010

Kindred Spirits!

We've all had people in our lives come and go. We have all felt connections with people through school, church, or another area of community. Sometimes those friendships fade away. Either through moving away from the area, lack of interests, or conflicting interests. But then you have friendships that stick with you through time. And no matter how much time passes, you can always pick up where you left off. I met a girl name Jessica Stone when I was fifteen years old. I visited her hometown(Baxley,Ga.), worked on her daddy's tabaco farm (I don't like getting my hands dirty and she reminds me of that :),and visited her church and heard her pastor preach, who would become my father-in-law seven years later. She had become such an encouragement to me. She always spoke God's Word to me no matter what situation I faced. Oh how I longed for that! I needed God's truth and wanted it more than anything in my life! I didn't want to wallow in my self pity, pride, or selfishness. And she would let me know when I was focusing on my self and not on Christ. And that is why I valued my friendship with her and still do!
She is also married now and I had the privilege of seeing her this past Friday as her and her husband came to visit St. Simons. We had them over at our house Friday night and talked about all the things that God was doing in our lives. We encouraged one another with the Word of God and prayed over one another. Our conversation ended at one in the morning! It was SO refreshing!!! Jessica is a kindred spirit! I too desire to speak God's Word into EVERY area of my life as well as others! I do not want to live my life dwelling on my own selfish feelings and emotions! God's Word is the only thing that penetrates through all of it, the very core of our beings! I don't want people just to listen to me, cry with me, and tell me that they will be praying for me. I want people to speak God's truth to me, even when the Truth hurts!!!
Hebrews 4:12 For the Word of God is living and active, sharper than any two- edged sword piercing to the division of soul and spirit, of joints and marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment