Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hello Squirrel and Goodbye Pie!

Today was the day that Myah decided to give her "pie"(pacifier) to the squirrel. This is what Noah did with his, and so he has been encouraging her to do it for quite sometime. Today was the day she decided to take the next step in becoming a "big girl." We gave her a bowl full of peanuts and told her to put her pies in it. As you can see, she decided she would eat some of those peanuts.
Daddy and Noah are up in the front leading Myah up to the "Pie Altar", I mean to the fort of the swing set. As I am standing behind her, so many questions race through my mind," I wonder if she really knows what she is doing? I don't know if I am ready for her to give it up yet? I don't know if I am ready for my baby girl to take another step towards growing up? Why is this so hard for me? " Despite of the tug of war that I felt inside, I knew that this was a good thing. And that it was important for her to take this step in growing up. And the fact that she made this decision, upon her own free will, felt even better!
Noah and Myah made a little trail with the peanuts, to lead the squirrel to the bowl with the pies. Noah was excited and Myah was a little hesitant. But she left excited, as we set off to the house to get ready to celebrate her "big step" at Chick-Fil-A and some time at the park. This is what we did with Noah, so we had to keep the tradition going :)
After our celebration, we went back to the fort and found a empty bowl and some peanut crumbs. We rejoiced that the daddy squirrel had come and taken the "pies" and peanuts to his baby squirrel. Myah was convinced that the baby squirrel needed it more than her until it was nap time.
I have loved watching Myah over the past two years take steps of independence. But as her mommy, I also love her dependence upon me for things. But my greatest desire is that she will be a godly woman, who knows who she is in Christ, and will live her life fully dependent upon Him!

2 comments: