Friday, July 29, 2011

Glimpses from the mountaintop!

Wow! A LOT has happened! Too much to capture it all. There was lots of packing,and unpacking(still unpacking by the way)between all of it.Not to mention the emotional roller coaster I felt like I was on with saying goodbye, but not really being able to say goodbye. I am thankful, even for the moldy years at Epworth Acres, the friendships that I cherish, the church I grew in love with, the closeness I have with my sister now, and the work God did in my heart through all of it. Yes... ALL of it. The hardest seasons in life we can really grow from IF WE LET GOD GROW US. And last year was the hardest year, but I grew the most. So some of these pictures are "mountain top" glimpses if you will. Knowing that it is only by God's grace and His Spirit that we overcame. But the wilderness will return yet again, and I pray that I will cling to Him and rely on Him in it and through it. In all reality, this journey is just beginning.

The kids and I waited 3 LONG hours for this moment and by the time it came, Leah was asleep and no one was really interested in taking pictures. I had to step out of the service for a little bit because Leah was fussy, but at least we made it!
Adam is not big into "showy" things like graduations, but he wanted his kids to see him walk so that it would instill with in them the importance of education. Noah loves his daddy and was thrilled that his daddy's school work was finished!!!

Adam’s commissioning service was very special for me and his parents. I felt the weight of the prayers that were prayed over him. And I was thankful, yet humbled and scared that they chose him to pass on the mantle. These words were prayed over him, ”We transfer this mantle from our generation to your generation, indicating thereby that the responsibilities and dedication of the older generation will be caught up and carried on by the young, and the spirit of today’s Elijah’s will rest upon today’s Elishas.” I couldn’t help but to think about just four years ago, Adam was not interested in pastoral ministry. Yet I knew deep down in my spirit, it was exactly what the Lord was calling him to do. I didn't know all the things that would happen during the commissioning service (this was my first one to attend :) but if you are connected to the person that is being commissioned, you are to stand in agreement with them as the Bishop lays hands on them and prays for them. Cindy, Adam's mom, was told later that about three hundred people stood as Adam was being prayed for. How grateful we are for the prayers that go before us!


So we find ourselves in a place we never thought we would be. Planting a church that is. And we were reluctant and threw out every excuse to God as to why we couldn't do this. But He said "Go" and we would rather obey Him than live in our comfort and security. We trust Him, for He is all we have! Please pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment