Friday, May 6, 2011

Almost There!

I really can't believe it. I feel like I am going to awaken from this dream. Adam is just one week away from graduating Asbury Seminary! Tears fill my eyes right now as I write this. There have been many sleepless nights in prayer worried about him, because he had been up over 48hrs., drove to Orland0, sat in class all day, and then drove home. Not to mention working late nights with his events only to return home to more work with school.
Adam does not like me to brag at all about him. In fact, when I started the whole blogging thing he said to me, "Please just don't make it a brag blog." But I want to be truthful. And I want to remember his perservearence and endurance. He had many sleepless nights or weeks, even months together and he remained calm. He didn't yell or have outburts letting out his frustration on me as his wife or his children. He finished a hundred pages of really important papers in two weeks time, preached sermons, volunteered for numerous things, continued steadily through his not so regular hours job, and still helped me when he could.
Not to mention the three times equaling three months our family had been displaced due to mold in our home. He's tackled school through MANY sinus infections, bronchitus, and the flu (2 times)~~ thanks to his great boss for letting him stay at his house so the rest of the family didn't go down with him. I mean really, I look back and think,"How in the world did he do it?"
But we both know that God has carried us through... all of it. Even when the storms seemed to surround us on every side, He has always been there. And I now realize more than ever that with every trial, God can really use it to grow us, if we let Him.
This past year has been the hardest to say the least. He has crammed two years into one, maybe even two and a half, by taking 5 classes each semester. We have not had much time at all together. Many boring weekends, well not the cool family time that most people get on a Saturday and Sunday.
But Adam and I would both tell you that this year we feel the closest even though we have spent the least amount of time together. And that is because we have really zeroed in on our relationship with the Lord. We are allowing Him to change us personally rather than asking Him to change the other. The whole church plant thing has really brought us closer too. It's so neat that when we are able to talk together, we realize that God is speaking( or rather were hearing :) the same thing to us about the vision for the church in Richmond Hill. And this just makes me feel all the more excited!
I love him SO MUCH! And I am so proud of him! I have never known anyone to work so well under pressure and still be likeable :) He's amazing and humble ( which is what made this girl fall head over heels in love for the first and last time) he's my husband, and the father of my three sweet children. Now please pass on some tissue to this girl, because I am going to cry like a baby next Saturday when he gets his Masters degree!

I Timothy 3 1-3
The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of an overseer, he desires a noble task. Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife (you know it! ;) soberminded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. for some reason my comment only posted partially!
    Rebecca, I am so proud of you and Adam. You guys encourage me.

    ReplyDelete