Friday, October 29, 2010

$5 Date!

Tonight has been long awaited, but not at all expected. Adam has been engulfed with work and school (5 seminary classes). Yes, I said five. Would you like to hear that number again? Just kidding! I am starting to sound like my friend Suzanne who has four children, yes four, and she constantly states that number so that everyone can feel the weight of it :)(all smiles for you Suz)
Surprisingly, Adam is sitting on the couch (not at his office) looking over his school work , and tells me I should go rent a movie. I am sitting across the room at the little closet with a built in desk with my lab top wide open, listening to David Platt's teaching on the Doctrine of the Holy Spirit. Theology you may say, a passionate heart I would say, who teaches through the Word in 1 hour with more scripture than any one I have ever heard and less inspirational points. It convicts my heart, brings me to repentance, and wants me to know more of God's Word than I ever have before. But more on that much later.
So back to this whole date thing. Adam tells me to go get a movie, and that he should be finished with his school work when I return. So off I go to the nearest Red Box, and then stop at McDonalds for a strawberry smoothie (me), small fry (me again), and what I thought to be a one apple pie (not me). But when I was pulling out of the parking lot, I reached down and realized that I had not one, but two apple pies. Then I remembered the story of my friend Kelly whose husband wanted to buy one apple pie for fifty cents. The lady behind the counter replied " I'm sorry sir, it's two for $1.'But I just want one, he said. "I can't ring it up that way, it's two for $1." --- I wonder how many people have gotten frustrated over this? I just think it is plain funny tonight!
So Adam and I will sit back, in the one weekend he had off this month, watch Iron Man 2 (no chick flicks were avaliable)and enjoy each others company. Who knows? I might eat the second apple pie! :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad you guys got a well deserved date night. I am even more impressed that you rented iron man 2.

    ReplyDelete