Saturday, May 1, 2010

Rejoicing in Heaven

So as I sit and think about what my very first post will be on my blog, I can't stop thinking about something that happened last week that is so worthy of telling. About a year ago my grandfather, known as Grandpa Fred, and step grandmother Barbara has retired to the Brunswick area from Miami, Fl. My family was so glad to finally have extended family live close by. This past week my grandfather had to go to the hospital, and my mother called her church (Christian Renewal) to put him on the prayer chain. The secretary said that she would have one of the pastors go by and visit him. Pastor Ligon went up to the hospital shortly after my mother's phone call. After a while, my father received a phone call from Pastor Ligon, and the words that he spoke to my father were the most redemptive and divine. His pastor told him that he saw his father in the hospital and he prayed with him to receive Jesus as his Lord and Savior. I can only imagine the emotions that my father felt in that moment. Tears of joy and a heart overwhelmed with gratefulness of God's amazing love and grace. My grandfather, now 82 years old, has finally surrendered his life to the Lord and the scales have been removed from his eyes! And in that moment, not only was my father rejoicing, but the angels in heaven were rejoicing with him, with all of my family! One step of obedience, a simple visit to the hospital equals a joyful celebration for the Gabelman family, and one huge party in heaven! We should never underestimate the small things that God asks us to do. We never know, we might spark a party in heaven!
Luke 15:10
In the same, way I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of angels of God over one sinner who repents.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah!! Welcome to the blog world! What a cool post. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Can't think of a better way to start your blog than with a story of the divine work of our amazing Heavenly Father. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete